Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Taziki's Mediterranean Cafe

Recently we welcomed a new restaurant--Taziki's Mediterranean Cafe--to the Bandywood/Green Hills area.  And lucky for me, it's right across the street from my work.   

I've planned to write about it since starting the blog because I've eaten there almost every.single.day (that I've worked) since their opening.  First of all, I LOVE Greek food.  Secondly a great soup and salad is top on my list of favorites.  Especially for lunch.  Also I try to eat somewhat healthy for lunch so I can kill something not-so-good-for-me for dinner. Great rationale, right? (I like to think so.) 

More importantly, I like a great meal that's affordable.  

So far I have had the Greek Salad, the Mediterranean Salad, and my regular staple--the Lemon Chicken Soup**I wish so badly I had a photo of the soup--honestly one of my favorite things ever. It's shredded chicken breast with rice in a lemon broth. Perfect for a healthy/filling lunch.  Ah. I crave it almost daily. 


Last night my friend was in the area and wanted to try it so we dined-in and sat on the outdoor patio. I branched out of my usual Greek Salad run for the Mediterranean Salad with Beef Tenderloin. (mixed lettuce, garbanzo beans, roasted red peppers, onion, tomatoes, roasted pecans, and feta--with a balsamic vinegarette). It was seriously good.  I cleaned my plate, in fact.  Not a rare occurrence, but worth noting in this case. 



Everything I have tried so far has been delicious--and really fresh and light.  My friend tried the Grilled Chicken Roll-Up (grilled chicken and feta with a side of salsa) and she loved it as well. 

All in all, a great choice when you want something fresh, healthy, affordable, quick, and no fuss.   And the service is stellar--prompt and everyone is so friendly.  

You can see all of the prices--along with the nutritional facts--on the website


Go try the new Green Hills location (2190 Bandywood Drive) or the other Nashville location--3001 West End Ave.  












No comments:

Post a Comment