Monday, June 4, 2012

The (non) Get Away.

Saturday I decided to take advantage of the unusually mild weather--and do something different from my norm--so I crammed my bike in the car and headed to The Warner Parks off of Hwy 100--or, in my world better known as the road that leads to Loveless Cafe. It just doesn't get much more beautiful than this--and a great way to "get away" without actually having to "get away."

A few photos from Percy Warner...




The layout of this park is incredible.  I love how from the top of the steps you can see all the way to the end of Belle Meade Blvd. Perfection. And it is so green because so much of the natural habitat is in tact.  This spot really is one of my favorite places in the whole city.
  
Side note--those steps will work you. In a good way. I planned to go 5 times up and down--I only made 3.  Next trip, maybe I'll shoot for 4.  They are no joke
 
I took my bike to Edwin Warner (directly on of Hwy 100) and although equally beautiful, it's more of walking trails...not such great news for the city bike.  Percy (and the Belle Meade Blvd area) is better--but still intense because of the hills--leisurely riders like myself need not apply.  Maybe I'll just stick to my neighborhood for the bike rides from here on out.




Was really great escape to get out-of-doors for a day. This--coupled with the new Sigur Ros proved to be the absolute cure-all. It's a rarity to live in a place where both worlds (city and country) are so easily accessible.  Sets me straight.

That's the thing about Nashville...
 




No comments:

Post a Comment